A survival horror game like Alan Wake 2 certainly doesn’t lack tense moments and frantic action. Naturally, that goes hand in hand with the guns that you’ll acquire as you progress through the campaign. Our guide discusses all the weapons in Alan Wake 2 that you can get as either Alan or Saga. We also talk about the puzzles that you need to solve to obtain some of them.
How to get all weapons in Alan Wake 2
The weapons in Alan Wake 2 include the Pistol, Sawed-off Shotgun, Crossbow, Hunting Rifle, and Pump-action Shotgun for Saga, as well as the Revolver, Flare Gun, and Double-barreled Shotgun for Alan. You’ll be able to get all of them during the campaign, though some require you to solve tricky puzzles.
- Chapter: Return 1 – Invitation
- Location: Available by default
- Chapter: Return 2 – The Heart
- Location: Cauldron Lake – You’ll encounter your first Taken enemy in the General Goods Store. It will barge through the wall, revealing this armament in a display case. Needless to say, you’ll rely heavily on this weapon in Alan Wake 2.
- Puzzle clue: The clue pertains to the note next to the cash register (705, 713, 717, and 723), and the lottery ticket (05-13-17-23-39-45).
- Puzzle solution: 739
- Chapter: Return 3 – Local Girl
- Location: Watery – Found inside a Cult Stash near the hut/save point in the northeastern part of the map.
- Puzzle clue: A note implies that someone used the Crossbow for some target practice. The bolts represent the correct sequence for the written numbers on the poles.
- Puzzle solution: 527
- Chapter: Return 5 – Old Gods
- Location: Wellness Center – Upon reaching the security room, you’ll find several documents, as well as a terminal. There’s also a door nearby that doesn’t have a doorknob.
- Puzzle clue: There are several clues in this room:
- The documents tell you of someone who was inducted into the cult, as well as the use of European dating system (i.e. day, month, year).
- The calendar also shows the date of the new moon in August.
- Puzzle solution: 17-08-23 – Once you’ve input this in the terminal, you’ve got a few more tasks left to do:
- Use the terminal to open the sliding doors.
- Enter the room that’s adjacent to the receptionist’s office, then pick up the doorknob from the desk.
- Place the doorknob in the doorway that’s missing one and grab the Hunting Rifle from the locker.
- Note that this room also has a Taxidermy Deer Head.
- Chapter: Return 6 – Scratch
- Location: Sheriff’s Station – This Alan Wake 2 weapon is inside a display case in Tim Breaker’s Office.
- Puzzle clue: You’ll notice a three-part book series about UFOs:
- These are written by Quincey, Batston, and Westmore.
- A note shows how the letters are numbered–i.e. I=9, J=0, K=1, and so on.
- We then need to check the first letter of each author’s surname and the corresponding number based on the clue: Q=7, B=2, W=3.
- Puzzle solution: 7-2-3
- Chapter: Initiation 2 – Casey
- Location: The Dark Place – Found in the alleyway after Alan encounters another character in a cutscene.
- Chapter: Initiation 4 – We Sing
- Location: Talk Show Studio – We don’t want to spoil what happens here, but you do come across this Alan Wake 2 weapon as you’re making your way through the level. You can’t miss it.
- Chapter: Initiation 5 – Room 665
- Location: Oceanview Hotel – You’ll go through the alleyway and rooftops to reach the sky deck of the Oceanview Hotel. Just across from the entrance, you’ll notice a bar that’s already closed.
- Puzzle solution: Walk closer to the bar and use your Angel Lamp. It seems the bar is open, and you’ll see a menu (which also has the code for the Oceanview Hotel). Stay at that spot then use the Angel Lamp again. You’re still in the interior even though the bar is closed. Go ahead and grab this firearm off the rack.
These are all the weapons in Alan Wake 2. Alan himself doesn’t have a lot of armaments, though he does gain some nifty Words of Power perks. Saga, meanwhile, has a lot of firearms at her disposal. Don’t forget that you can unlock Saga’s weapon upgrades by spending the materials found in lunchbox collectibles.
From Bright Falls to the Dark Place, danger lurks in every corner in Alan Wake 2. Don’t worry because we’ve got everything covered in our guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.