NetherRealm Studios has released another update for its fighting game Mortal Kombat 1. Even though the official patch notes are not out yet, some of its player base have already discovered what makes this update stand out.
Thanks to a series of tweets by user @Mitsuownes (via IGN), we now know some changes the 0.134 update makes. For instance, players can tag moves again, making it a lot easier to learn specific inputs, and they will no longer have to worry about people spamming Cyrax’s horizontal kopter chopper because it’ll cost a full bar whenever it’s used now.
Cyrax isn’t the only character being nerfed, because Sub-Zero’s EX Ice Clone no longer freezes enemies in place. Instead, it’ll deliver some damage and send them falling to the ground. On top of that, Raiden’s 2,2,4 aerial combo will no longer have a follow-up attack once opponents bounce against the floor.
The 0.134 update also introduces a few quality-of-life changes. Online players will be muted by default. Pings will appear in matches again, a new Forever King of The Hill mode has been introduced, and the Cage mansion now has a Halloween theme.
Below, you’ll find some of the 0.134 patch notes, which can be found in-game under the Notifications tab:
- Halloween Fatality added to the Premium Store.
- Moves can now be pinned to the HUD.
- In-game Ping / Connection Indicator can be enabled in Online Options.
- Added ability to mute Voice Chat and Microphone via the Main Menu under the Audio Settings and Pause Menu Settings in an online match.
- Fixed case where the yellow notification for New items would not clear.
- General Gameplay Bug Fixes.
For more Mortal Kombat 1 news, check out the official Omni-Man gameplay trailer, which shows off some brutal fatalities.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.