There are a lot of collectibles to find in Alan Wake 2. One particular type, the lunchboxes, comes from someone who’s willing to lend a helping hand. Our guide discusses where you can find the Alex Casey Lunchboxes in Alan Wake 2 so you don’t spend a lot of time trying to look for them. Likewise, please be reminded that this article contains minor spoilers.
All Alex Casey Lunchbox locations in Alan Wake 2
There are 21 Alex Casey Lunchboxes in Alan Wake 2, and all of these are found while you’re playing as Saga (i.e. Return chapters). You’ll know that one is nearby if you see colorful ornamental decorations and rocks lining a pathway. Saga will also remark if you’re close to this type of object.
Once you’ve opened one, you’ll see a letter from your benefactor, as well as materials called Manuscript Fragments. These are used to upgrade Saga’s armaments. You can learn more about these in our weapon locations guide.
Alex Casey Lunchboxes in Cauldron Lake
We’ve numbered the collectibles in Cauldron Lake a bit differently. That’s because several can be yours very early in the campaign, whereas the rest require a bit of progression.
First set: 1A to 1E – These Alan Wake 2 lunchboxes can be obtained during Saga’s first chapter, Return 1: Invitation, and in succeeding chapters whenever you return to Cauldron Lake.
- 1A: Near the Mortar Falls signboard.
- 1B: At the campsite near the Witch’s Hut.
- 1C: At the end of the path off to the side of the General Store.
- 1D: Below a ledge to the side of the small cabin.
- 1E: On a ledge behind the control tower.
Second set: 2A to 2C – The first two can be acquired after you clear the boss encounter in the Overlap during Return 2: The Heart. That causes the flooding recede, allowing you to check out the other areas. The last one requires the Bolt Cutters, which you won’t obtain until the end of Return 5: Old Gods several hours into the campaign.
- 2A: Found along the winding river.
- 2B: At the edge of the copse east of Witchfinder’s Station.
- 2C: Use the Bolt Cutters to pry open the gate that leads to the Rental Cabins. It’s inside the first cabin that you can enter.
Alex Casey Lunchboxes in Bright Falls
The locations of the Alex Casey Lunchboxes in Bright Falls tend to be straightforward. Only the first one is available early in the game. The rest are obtained as you progress further into Saga’s Return 5: Old Gods chapter.
- 1: Next to the large tree in the park. You can grab this during your first visit to Bright Falls and at any time thereafter.
- 2: Near the fork in the path and signboard pointing to the Valhalla Nursing Home and the Ranger Cabin.
- 3: Along the path leading to the Ranger Cabin. You can get this during Return 4: No Chance, though you won’t be able to further into the woods until later due to the flooding.
- 4: This is inside Valhalla Nursing Home, which you’ll get to visit during Return 5: Old Gods. It’s on a shelf in the office, the first room to your right once you enter the facility.
- 5: In the woods southwest of Valhalla Nursing Home and the Wellness Center.
- 6: Along the beach area. This area is flooded initially, and the waters will only recede after you’ve cleared the boss encounter in the Overlap.
- 7: Similar to the above, you’ll only gain access to this area once the flooding has receded. This Alan Wake 2 lunchbox is in front of the wooden gate leading to Billie’s Boat Yard. A Manuscript Page is also right beside it.
Alex Casey Lunchboxes in Watery
The Alan Wake 2 Alex Casey Lunchboxes in Watery are even more straightforward. That’s because you just need to continue onward with the main objectives in Return 3: Local Girl. You’ll visit almost all of these locations as you progress, barring the Lighthouse which is a landmark that’s not part of any main objective.
- 1: At the edge of the cliffs near the Radio Tower.
- 2: Near a rest area along a narrow path before Coffee World.
- 3: Inside a wooden structure at the Coffee World exit.
- 4: Next to a shed in the Kalevala Knights Workshop.
- 5: Behind a tree near a swing in the Lighthouse Trailer Park.
- 6: On a ledge fairly close to the Break Room near the Lighthouse.
These are the Alan Wake 2 lunchboxes that we’ve discovered in the campaign. You might also want to tackle all the other stuff during Saga’s arc. These include Cult Stashes and Nursery Rhymes. Lastly, obtaining all lunchbox and stash collectibles also nets you the “Hidden By the Trees” achievement.
From Bright Falls to the Dark Place, danger lurks in every corner in Alan Wake 2. Don’t worry because we’ve got everything covered in our guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.